Vitamin B Vitality Boost and the Supplemental Shotgun Method
|September 7, 2012||Posted by Koanic under Health|
Yesterday I bought some melatonin, and the lady handed me a free bottle of Vitamin B. I popped a pill that afternoon, and within an hour or two experienced a major lift in energy and mood that lasted through the entire evening.
As you may know, I have some gnarly health problems thanks to Accutane. I’ve noticed energy lifts like this a few before, usually when a major dietary deficiency was corrected. Here’s the list:
1. After rabbit starvation – eating just lean meat for weeks – I ate a fatty pork chop. Incredible euphoric rush followed. Lesson – cut either fat or carbs, but not both.
2. UDCA – corrected bile blood stream deficiency caused by intrahepatic cholestasis. Great drug and harmless. Everyone should try it. Take at least a gram.
3. After eating only rice and lean chicken for a while, had some scallops. Major euphoric rush as vitamin and mineral deficiencies were corrected.
4. Cigarettes – intensified everything, mental focus and mood.
5. Tongkat Ali – huge testosterone boost, everything stronger.
6. Cordyceps Sinensis – huge energy boost, libido and mood secondary.
7. Sunlight exposure, meal scheduling, Circadian syncing, sleep hygiene. Everything better. Stop eating when the sun goes down.
8. Exercise / lifting. I’ll throw it on here, but the truth is if you’re not itching to do it, something else has gone wrong.
Short list, eh? The remarkable thing is that these huge boosts were so easily available, yet I had no idea. It’s so easy to test, so why not try it?
All of these delivered not only an immediate euphoric benefit, but also long lasting quality of life improvement. That’s the holy grail of happiness – an effect that actually lasts.
I’m sure there are other effects out there waiting undiscovered. Wouldn’t it be great if you could buy sample packs of a wide variety of pills? You’d only need one of each. If there was no immediate noticeable effect, you could try a different one the next day. Call it the supplemental shotgun method.
All the things we eat that we shouldn’t, and don’t that we should, create a maelstrom of deficiencies and health hazards. Ya’ll know the paleo diet basics, so I’ll run through it quickly.
Live foods – Kefir, Kombucha, brine pickled non irradiated foods, Kimchi, Natto, etc.
Sea foods – Shellfish pack a huge punch. Ocean fish are good too. Check out the Shoreline Dweller hypothesis. You’ll get a lot of rare minerals there.
Organ meat – Get it grass fed and it’s way less nasty. Liver, hearts, etc.
Bones and skin – fire up your stock pot and make bone broth.
You need either organs or scallops or tons of veggies, otherwise you’ll run into micronutrient deficiency without supplementation. Even then, you may still get it, given the poverty of modern food sources.
You can get your vitamin levels tested, but honestly who cares what charts say? The important thing is quality of life improvement, and that can only be experimentally determined.
And no, you can’t necessarily just pop a multivitamin. Those things create all kinds of absorption issues.
Here’s a good book that covers supplementation and the body in general – The 4 Hour Body by Tim Ferriss.
* Vitamin B – A Thal deficiency?
I know now that Vitamin B deficiency runs in my (Thal) my family. I’m curious to see if others here respond to B supplementation.
So I have a diagnosis. I have two copies (homozygous) of the mutation C677T. This explains all of my symptoms EVER… My body cannot get rid of toxins properly which mean immunizations are dangerous. This inability explains all of my baffling sensitivities from skin to gut. Hopefully, it can explain both of yours. My doctor is starting me on sub lingual B12 and Homocystex. There is a special diet involved in the treatment, too. No gluten (surprise!), dairy, or processed foods (toxins). This explains why the diets and vitamin supplementation have been so helpful. What’s been missing is the methylfolate
Check out this website and specifically this page: http://mthfr.net/mthfr-c677t-mutation-basic-protocol/2012/02/24/
* Misc other supplements
All men should be on Testosterone Replacement Therapy, apparently.
krill oil – the best and easiest way to get your Omega 3′s.
Before anybody asks, no none of these are affiliate links. So go try it.