» Mad rant by Tex on possible scenario for Conti Disinfo
Mad rant by Tex on possible scenario for Conti Disinfo
The Original Prophet writes in:
…thinking about how things like this might happen behind the scenes.
I worked out a possible scenario.
1. NASA administrator contacts CIA under National Security Emergency telling them that Sal Conte has just broken his confidentiality agreement, revealing the biggest secret the U.S. government has under wraps … Magnetic Reversal in 2016. They pow-wow on the phone with a dozen operatives inside of a few minutes talking strategy.
2. CIA emits an assassination team to find and kill Dr. Conte.
3. The very best person they have in disinfo is assigned to figure out how to discredit this story as quickly as possible.
4. Using facial recognition technology the government admits to owning, they find a matching doppleganger on the internet within a few hours : Frank Vidal, a cuban american actor.
5. They contact Frank Vidal and tell him they will need access to his Twitter account and other social networking accounts. They lift language fragments from the video that Dr. Conte posted and plant them in plain sight on the Twitter account. They then release the information that Sal Conte is really Frank Vidal. People innocently go to check up on the story and “stumble” onto all the similarities.
6. Bingo, within a few hours the problem is under control. Dr. Conte is now as good as dead and his video is effectively discredited.
What do you think?
If you think Conte was for real, you must know what sort of resources would be available to discredit him.
I find it plausible that the Frank Vidal tweet is just coincidence; the phrase is a memorable fragment from a play. It appeals to a certain sort of philosophical midwit. But this scenario should appeal to the conspiracy crowd currently focused on viewing Sal’s video as the disinfo, rather than questioning the discredit attempt.